Winni Loesch, M.D. F.A.A.F.P
Thank you for your interest in Amethyst Medical Group, the Family Practice office of Dr. Winni Loesch.
Dr. Winni Loesch is Board Certified in Family Practice. She graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and completed her residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas in 1984.
Dr. Loesch established her medical practice in the Sierra Nevada foothills in 1987 until 1995 when she moved to Sacramento and worked as a Medical Director and in clinical practice until returning to Nevada County in 2003.
As an active medical staff member of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, Dr. Loesch does admit and manage her patient's care if hospitalization is necessary.
Dr. Loesch's medical care of patients integrates conventional medicine with the principles of Functional Medicine. This science-based, patient-centered healthcare approach more successfully treats chronic illness and disease by evaluating underlying causes and combining a broad range of therapies that support the body's ability to restore and optimize normal function and health. Prevention and early intervention are key tenets of this approach.
Throughout this website is literature that you may find helpful in your decision to join Dr. Loesch’s practice. We can also schedule a “Meet & Greet” with Dr. Loesch which is a great opportunity for you to ask her questions about her medical philosophy as it applies to you as a patient.
If you have any questions after reviewing the Website, please contact us at (530) 798-5003 and we will be happy to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Amethyst Medical Group, Inc.
590 Searls Avenue
Nevada City, California 95959
Location Phone: 530-798-5003
Location Fax: 530-271-2338
I am currently accepting new patients.
• Mt. San Antonio College; Walnut CA., Associate of Arts, Nursing 1968-1970; University of California; Santa Cruz, CA., Bachelor of Arts, Biology 1975-1977
• Vice-President/Secretary, Board Sutter Independent Physicians, IPA, Sacramento, CA. 1999-2002
• Steering Committee, Sutter Physician's Alliance, Sacramento, CA. 2000-2002
• American Board of Family Practice, 1984
• Recertification: 1990, 1996, 2002 to 2009, 2009 to 2016
In Practice Since 1984
• Alpha Omega Alpha
• American Academy of Family Practice
• American Medical Association
• California Medical Association
• Institute of Functional Medicine